Saturday, June 13, 2015

Centaur

Centaur Sketch on recycled paper 35x35 cm
When I haven't painted or drawn for a while, the start is always a little tricky, starting with the 'famous question' WHAT to paint or draw. When you are in the flow of drawing or painting, things move naturally, in my case mostly with a theme (Red Riding Hood for example) .... But after a long break, it seems even strange to think about the 'WHAT'
It seems, that I like to restart the process  with a small sketch, and then bigger drawings... and moving slowly to painting. And it seems I always go back to old themes and inspirations, like the Greek Mythology. Once I am back to 'real painting' I like to start to paint bottles or faces.... The theme then seems to be of no importance, but more to be understood as a 'warm up' and a remembering how to hold that brush :)

1 comment:

  1. It's so sophisticated. It reminds me of Leonardo da Vinci's works on paper. The sketch can be even greater than the picture itself. Thanks for sharing.
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete